The poem is about keeping anger and its destructive consequences . the persona talks about being angry with his friend . when he talks it over with his friend , his feeling of anger melts away . however , when he has words with his enemy , he does not attempt to sort it out with his enemy . instead , he keeps his anger inside and lets the anger fester inside him . he puts on a friendly front to deceive others , especially his enemy about his anger . this anger grows so strong and obsessive that it literally grows into a tree and bore a poisonous fruit . the fruit refers to the ugly results of the persona's anger . in other words , it controls the persona completely and when the enemy tastes this poison , he suffers a setback or punishment including death .
- human nature
- anger , revenge and death .
- insincerity and deceit
- Obsession and its consequences .
moral value .
- we should not allow anger to control our life .
- we should be sincere , even with our rivals .
- we should make peace with everyone , friend or foe .
may this will help you :)