- Close family ties
- Grandmother - granddaughter relationship ship
- Love and appreciation
- Unwillingness to let go of someone close
- Value of photographs
- We must strive for close family relationships with our grandparents and parents
- We should love and appreciate close family members while they are still alive.
- Keeping a memento like a photograph helps to keep memories alive.
Language and Style
- Language is easy to understand stand
- Clear and descriptive
- Style : simple and understanding
Tone and Mood
- Appreciative and thankful
- Thoughtful and loving
- Sense of strong family ties
The persona describes her grandmother as tall and well-dressed with a kind smile. Her smile comes from her eyes. On her deathbed, she held the persona's small black hand in her big white hand. She was not afraid to leave the world.
The persona accepts that her grandmother has passed to the other world, as all grandmothers do. Grandmother, who was of a tall stature became small, hunched and forgetful.
The persona at age three had taken a photograph with grandmother. When she looks at the photograph, she feels grandmother's presence. To the persona, her grandmother is still very much alive and smiling at her.