* winner of the short story competition.
* writes about a circus elephant running loose in Albert Park.
* a good sense of humour when he jokes with Lynne about how he thinks Velos picks he winner to console her.
* wants to be a lawyer rather than a writer because of the money.
* become a bit nervous when he hears Lynne mentions Bradburie the short story writer.
* checks out Bradburie's work and has doubts about his story being original.
* wants to be disqualified for cheating.
* he is not disqualified but merely placed second after Lynne.