- For safety ensure that the candle is placed away from flammable materials.
- Ensure candle is properly propped upright and sticks to the base.
1. A matchstick is grazed across a rough surface (preferably, the side of a the matchbox)
2. As the matchstick is grazed across it, the friction it encounters against the rough surface, generates heat.
3. Upon sufficient heat, the phosphorus and potassium chlorate mix in the match head reacts to ignite the match head.
4. the flame is transferred immediately to the candle.
- also remember to put out the flame from the matchstick out