1) The live wire is connected because it carries AC electricity into the house. It supplies the voltage of 240 V.
2) Power station enables the generator to generate alternating voltage to as high as 25 kV.
3) A 3-pin plug provides a safe and convenient way of connecting the appliances to the main circuit via a power socket.
4) Cartridge fuses are commonly used in every plugs.
5) Solar wind is a result of the eruption of prominences and the occurrence of solar flares. The continuous flow of these particles is known as solar wind.
6) Solar flares often give off ultraviolet light an X-rays that heat up the Earth's upper atmosphere. This "space weather" can change the orbits of satellites and shorten their lifetimes.
7) The Sun generates its energy through a nuclear reaction called nuclear fusion. At the Sun's core, hydrogen atoms bang into each other constantly and fuse into atoms of helium. Energy is released when the nuclear reactions inside the Sun convert hydrogen to helium. During the fusion process, a small amount of mass is converted to a large amount of energy.
8) The Milky Way
9) The Universe consists of all matter, energy and space. The existence of it is so meaningful. The universe is so vast, nobody has seen the edge of it.
10) The Solar System is the part of the Universe.
11) The Universe is permanent but all that exists in the universe is not permanent. Our Universe is always evolving.
12) - The Sun is the source of light and heat for life on Earth.
- Energy from the Sun in the form of solar energy is used as clean,
inexpensive alternative source of power.