Jawapan

Jawapan Paling Bijak!
2015-08-17T09:31:22+08:00
An essay sample of witnessing a house on fire.

Fire is of great importance but only if it is under control. It cooks our food, gives us warmth in winter by keeping the chill off and does so many other things for us.

Perhaps therefore it is considered one of the greatest discoveries made by human beings. But if it gets out of control, it brings on a lot of havoc. It causes huge loss of life and property.

It was midnight. The whole city was slumbering under the blue starry sky. I was also enjoying a sound sleep in my room. All of a sudden I was awakened by the loud cries of "Fire! Fire!" I got up and peeped down from the window.

I saw many people were running in the same direction. I also joined them. At about 200 yards, I saw tremendous red flames rising above a house and the blaze was horrible. As we went near we found that the house of a big businessman of our city was on fire.

A large number of people had already gathered at the spot. They started throwing dust and pouring water over the fire. But it was all in vain, because the wind was a bit strong. The flames were leaping high in the sky with dark and dense clouds of smoke.

The owner of the house was beating his chest, "I am ruined! I have lost all!" It was really a very pathetic scene. Meanwhile I informed the Fire Brigade, but it came to the spot a little late because of long distance. A crew of active men in brass hamlets started to work. It took them an hour to bring the fire under control.

They had still to fight with the fire for an hour more to extinguish it completely. Some fire men made their way into the house in their fire proof suit and saved a good deal of house owner's property. The way they all performed their duties was indeed praiseworthy. They left no stone unturned in order to save life and property. They were really splendid magicians who not only saved the house that was on fire but also prevented neighboring houses from catching fire.

It is said that this fire accident was due to the carelessness of the servant who was a smoker. While smoking his pipe, he went to sleep. The burning ashes from pipe fell down and set fire to the bed. Soon the fire spread in the whole building.
If there was no help of firemen, there would have been a loss beyond measure. The loss of property was still not less but thank God there was no loss of life.

I had never seen such a horrible incident in my life. I was proud of myself that I used my presence of mind and informed the Fire-Brigade in time which averted heavy loss of life and property.
2 4 2